Position Title: Service Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Denver, CO
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Service Manager will directly support the Sales Organization by performing the Purchasing and Service Coordination functions in IP-70 location. This position will directly supervise the Customer Care Supervisor and a team of Customer Care Coordinators and will provide oversight and support to PMT’s in our remote locations. The Service Manager will work hand-in-hand with Sales Reps and Operations Staff to ensure all customer needs are satisfied.
- Make strategic decisions, in conjunction with the Director of Operations, regarding staffing for the Customer Care Department.
- Step into Service and Customer Care roles in the event of an absence or as needed.
- Establish, communicate and follow-up on departmental processes and procedures.
- Monitor department standards and implement plans to improve departmental productivity and service.
- Handle escalated customer complaints and provide dispute resolution.
- Schedule service events, order Pella parts and products for service calls, and coordinate communications between customers, sales representatives, and service technicians.
- Order entry and purchasing through PDQ and POETS.
- Approach every situation with a commitment to customer satisfaction and a service ethic that demonstrates that we will never abandon our Pella customers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Supervise day-to-day performance of the Customer Care Supervisor, Customer Care Representatives, and other staff.
- Handle employee issues as appropriate, including corrective action and performance resolution.
- Train team members on new processes and procedures.
- Provide ongoing performance management and development for all members of the Customer Care/Sales Support team.
The successful candidate will have a strong eye for detail, passion for customer service, the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict with both internal and external customers.
A college degree is preferred. 3-5 years Customer Service and/or Sales support required. 1-3 years management experience preferred. Previous experience in construction or building supply industry strongly preferred.
Excellent verbal and communication skills, the ability to effectively communicate with customers that may be confrontational, diplomacy working with both internal and external constituencies.
Ability to navigate in a Microsoft Windows environment; including finding files in a directory structure and opening/saving/closing files. Experience in Word, Excel, email and OMS (preferred). Ability to open multiple programs and quickly navigate between different tasks using the task bar.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, size conversions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work schedule for this position will primarily be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Some evening, and weekend duties may be included. Schedule may change at the discretion of the Director of Operations.