When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Colorado Springs, don’t stress about it. As you start running through your to-do list, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Regardless of whether you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Keeping things organized will give you the space you need to prepare food and visit with family. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes it easy to clear away the after-dinner mess so you can relax with loved ones.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. It’s common for families to gather around the fireplace, and having yours well decorated will make for a festive and inviting space. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are virtually endless.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Colorado Springs to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through such a cold season in Colorado Springs, you might struggle to find vibrant colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about an inviting area to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Popular opinion says holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Colorado Springs every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. With all of the holiday madness going on, it is easy to be forgetful. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- Asthe one of the most untouched areas of most homes, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Get creative and add tables, chairs or even a a bench that can store pillow and throws for chilly nights. This is a perfect spot for you to set Santa’s cookies or enjoy a cup of coffee before Thanksgiving cooking begins.
- Last, no matter how many projects you decide to tackle before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. With the help of these tips, your home will be safe and comfortable. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Colorado Springs than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more help making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, visit our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Colorado Springs showroom or reach us at (888) 883-8364.