Investing in your own space is important, and when it’s time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to be sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s essential to evaluate the style, material and design of a window, but to recognize your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience during the years. Here are several of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you might see your heating and cooling expenses drop. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 per year when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows may return 73 percent of the project cost when you sell your house. If you are considering selling your home in the next several years, your first action item might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for most ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to browse through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and locate the best deals in Colorado Springs.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has improved, new glass panes can now help diminish fading of your furniture and fabrics from the sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements are eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To learn more about the specifics of green-energy tax credits for the Colorado Springs area, check out energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the upfront cost can be overwhelming. Replacement windows are a great approach to spruce up your home before the fall hits, while also holding onto some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Learn more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows and Doors by giving our professionals a call at (888) 883-8364 or arranging an appointment with us online.