Fall is coming quickly in Colorado Springs, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to produce levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Colorado Springs a call at (888) 883-8364 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!