In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for many years.
- Forget your budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at (888) 883-8364, stop by our Colorado Springs showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.