The cold season is fast approaching in Colorado Springs and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Colorado Springs winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella of Colorado Springs experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Colorado Springs.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Colorado Springs a call at (888) 883-8364 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.