Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Colorado Springs home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery about a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to particular door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can be given a major makeover.
Accept guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Colorado Springs, give them a call at (888) 883-8364 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.