This position is responsible for the profitable sales growth and delivering revenues at or above target for assigned products through obtaining a specification from Architectural firms within the designated region. Reporting to the Sales Manager/General Manager, this position works with the Pella Windows & Doors of Denver sales, marketing, operations and finance teams, customers, and other influencers to increase sales, market share and profitability.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis. 80% of time is in the field, the remaining 20% is spent in office.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting the individual and team sales and marketing goals agreed to with sales manager.
- Achieve profitable sales and growth targets for Pella Denver in the Architectural and Design Market
- Design and implement a sales plan that will achieve sales goals by organizing time and activities to maximize time in front of customers.
- Obtain, update and demonstrate detailed industry, company, and competitor product knowledge.
- Establish relationships with Architectural, and Design firms.
- Provide product demo and accredited AIA presentations (box lunches) to Architects, Designers, and Builders.
- Provide technical information regarding company products; write specifications based around company products to increase sales.
- Track which products Architectural firms are specifying.
- Develop networking relationships through relevant organizations and groups
- Review construction and specification documents
- Enter project & account information into CRM
- Achieve Pella specifications from architectural firms.
- Coordinate and pass on to trade and commercial teams those projects and builders being drawn.
- Presentations, sales production
- Individual/Team Goal Achievement
- Embrace our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
- Represent the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Lead by example, hold self and team accountable to performance goals.
- Motivate employees to achieve performance and recognize success.
- Consider the owners, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Have a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends by attending seminars, associations and reading industry news.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Relationship Building
- Team Player
- Active Communications
- Presentation Skills
- Organizing & Planning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Results Orientation
- Industry Knowledge
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; 2 – 3 years of sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CSI, AIA, CDT, AMMA preferred
- Construction and architectural knowledge is preferred
- Record of New Business development success