At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Colorado Springs. Whether it’s done through our individual business practices or creating energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on specific climates. The three below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Visit your Colorado Springs Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass choices or our recommended glass for the Colorado Springs region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between our glass panes to offer additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Colorado Springs Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.